Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Loose Ends

Consider this post as Al’s way of tying up some loose ends. The last couple of weeks I’ve been more self-absorbed than usual and, to be honest, haven’t had much to say au sujet du Québec. But for those who are interested in the daily happenings of my routine, I wanted to let you know that, yes, the bank did manage to correct my balance and return to me the money that had been scammed by those evil card skimmers. And no, there were no bounced cheques in the meantime, so all is well in that respect.

I continue scratch and claw my way through my English-to-French translation course with varied results. I had thought that I was finally turning a corner last week when I received back my first ‘A’, only to be smacked back to reality this week when I got back a ‘C’ right before the midterm. Nothing like a confidence booster right before the midterm to get your mind in the right place, eh?

My French-to-English class has been far more consistent, in terms of performance. I’m holding down a pretty solid ‘A’ average, which will help me pull up my average from that nastiness in the other class. But to be honest, I’m thinking that I should cut back to one class at a time while working full-time from now on. Sure, it would be nice to get it out of the way sooner than later, but I’m finding myself feeling a bit burnt out trying to juggle everything. As Morgan often advises, it’s best for me to take fewer courses and really get my head around the concept, rather than doing a half-ass job.

Alright, that’s all for now. Til next time…

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mr English -to-french,

Ca veut dire quoi "half-ass job", c'est genre :
- un boulot à moitier pourave,
- un boulot pour demi trou-duc
ou
- un travail avec demi postérieur????????

La dernière solution me semble la plus éloignée de la réalité! Et la deuxième ne serait pas flatteur pour toi!

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why the hell don't you anwer?

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Al B Here said...

C'est comme on fait un travail avec le moins d'effort possible... je ne sais pas s'il y a une expression en français pour exprimer la même chose.

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

un boulot bâclé

 
At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Un boulot bâclé, c'est un travail vite fait mais mal fait...
"J'ai bâclé mon travail" veut dire qu'on a tout fait mais pas consciensieusement., il manque des détail, ce n'est pas propre.

Je pense donc que ce n'est pas la bonne traduction, ce ne serait pas plutôt un job de faignant (littéralement job for lazy). Donc rien à voir avec le travail de demi-trou-duc!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home