Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Some Interesting Sites

Since I have a bit of time this morning, I thought I would direct my readers to a couple of interesting sites. The first is the blog of Matthew Hayday from Mount Allison University. He’s a post-doctoral fellow in Canadian Studies and has written a book called Bilingual Today, United Tomorrow: Official Languages in Education and Canadian Federalism (a copy of which is sitting on my kitchen table). It’s one thing for me to ramble on about Quebecois culture and language issues, but Matthew has the credibility to back up his analysis. He’s also been rather helpful as I’ve searched for potential essay topics for my MA application, so check out his site. I think it’s a worthwhile read.

The next comes from Larry Savage from Brock University. I’d gotten an e-mail over the past few weeks, indicating that he would like to put a link to my blog on his site and since I welcome new readers, I gave him the thumbs up to do so. I’ve skimmed his entries over the past week or so and it looks like a pretty interesting blog in its own right. He’s definitely more tech-savvy than I am, so if you like audio and video clips as well as interesting commentary, then I encourage you to visit his site, as well.

I’ll be starting one of my translation courses tonight, so we’ll have to see how workload affects my blogging output. As OJ has been so adept in pointing out, I’ve been AWOL for a good chunk of the holiday season. With any luck, I’ll be able to put things together on a more consistent basis as my humble blog enters its second year of existence. Til next time…

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It didn't take long to fall into the dreaded sophomore slump. This is exactly why we didn't let you get an aquarium. Naming your goldfish "Floatie" would not have been the answer.

It does take time to put together a decent article. It's not like the world was created in 6 days. Oops.

I'm sure McGill has some sort of bookstore. The next time you pass it, drop in and pick up a decent notebook. If nothing else, it would be an ideal prop for spending endless hours in cafes checking out hot French Canadian women.

 
At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OJ, how was your brain scam?

Al, was anything lost in the translation?

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess it's the English that's giving you the problems.
How...
was...
your...
new...
trans-la-tion...
class...
(question mark)?

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Al B Here said...

Tuesdays and Wednesdays will be long days. Adding a 3 hour class on to a regular work day may not have been the brightest idea, but it should be a good experience. I'll find out soon enough.

 
At 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You’ve had your time to take it easy. I believe it was called your twenties. Dig in and kick the crap out of that sucker.

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al, I would relish only 3 extra hours each week added to my breakneck schedule! Oh well I am not referred too as energy boy for nothing..... ladies if interested that is OJ@energyboy.com!

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been 3 days.... oh where oh where is the new entry?

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on OJ. You're comparing apples to apples of the ground on a couch.

Al,
You want to continue that academic hot streak you are on. Good luck.

 
At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And for the record, the "energyboy" domain name is available.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home