Monday, February 19, 2007

An Underwhelming Response

Last week, I issued a formal invitation to supporters of a Free and Independent Quebec, asking them to send me something to post on my humble blog here, but the response has been underwhelming to say the least. This should come as no surprise, really, since my francophone audience is quite tiny and I believe they may be uncomfortable subjecting their beliefs to the (occasionally) scathing commentaries of some of my regular readers. One of my old sovereignist friends has agreed to send me something, but I’m not sure when he’ll get around to sending it in.

I’ve approached Loco Locass, as well, but Biz told me that they’re working on the new album at the moment and don’t have the time to spare right now. Anyone familiar with their work knows that they’re meticulous with their choice of words and never do a half-ass job at anything, so I can see why they wouldn’t want to send something that was just thrown together. It’s unfortunate that they won’t be participating in this little discussion, but I understand and I look forward to their next album.

So for the moment, we’ll have to put discussions of Quebec sovereignty on the backburner. I would like to take a moment to thank Larry Savage over at Uncorrected Proofs, who tried to drum up some traffic for me, as well. Anyway, we’ve just started Slack Week at McGill, so I don’t have classes (or assignments) due this week, which should give me time to do some brainstorming for topics. Happy Monday, everyone! Til next time…

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Environment Canada:
Brainstorm Warning for Montreal and surrounding areas cancelled. Expect cloudy periods with intermittent drizzle for much of the week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home