Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Swing and a miss!

Last night I got the chance to face the peanut gallery over a few beers. I headed out with Morgan and OJ to the Oarhouse knowing full well that I'd get immediate feedback about this little pet project of mine. Needless to say, I wasn't disappointed. As per usual, Morgan came up with some constructive criticisms. Guess we'll see if I choose to incorporate those into my entries in the future. After all, every writer needs an editor at some point right? Although I imagine most editors being a little less public with their biting critiques... of course, I could be wrong.

I know there's a small segment of my readership that wants to know if Super Mom was around and if I buckled to the constant peer pressure to ask her out. Well, no. She wasn't around. I didn't even ask if she still works there or not. Whether I would have been foolish enough to flirt with her with the hounds around is another matter entirely. Besides, the clock is ticking. I leave for Montreal on Sunday. But even without Super Mom, I had a good time. OJ made the mistake of asking our waitress, Michelle, if he would be worthwhile marriage material and if she would back him in a Marriage pool. She later told me that she didn't want to shoot him down too badly in front of the boys. Sweet girl. I hope they keep her around.

Anyway, that's the news for now. Til next time...

5 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are going to compete with journalistic heavyweights like MC Hammer (mchammer.blogspot.com), you need feedback. Hey, I can leave feedback for MC Hammer! And Alvin B. Here thinks he's got it tough.

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zing!

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust me with his past heavy metal loves all his has experienced from his youth is feedback.

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I was raised by a cup of coffee."

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was your quiet Saturday night in a ruse to enable you to visit Moxie's without the usual merry band of fools?

Good luck with the new job. In the past year, you've successfully finished up some new academic achievement, moved to a new city with your new language, found a new job at a top university, and put together an entertaining new side project (your blog). Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? Best thing is that it's only the beginning. Don't rest on those ample laurels of yours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home