Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Can't you see the resemblance???


I was just about to check my e-mail for the morning when I ran across a story on the Yahoo main site about finding one’s celebrity twin, so being the curious sort that I am, I followed the link and checked out the story. The general gist of the story is that a website called MyHeritage.com will do a similarity analysis of uploaded pictures and compare facial features to those of celebrities in their database. It’ll then present the results, displaying which celebrities the user most resembles.

Sounds like it could be good for some giggles, so I uploaded a recent photo of myself. A few mouse clicks later and I have the results: Based on the picture I uploaded, I share a 56% similarity with Wilhelm Wundt and a 50% similarity with Victor Hugo. Um, yeah. Guess it must be the beard, huh? Or the fact that we both have 2 eyes, a nose and a mouth. The results were hardly convincing, so I decided to try another photo—one without the goatee.

This time the results were a bit more… um… flattering…but still completely ridiculous. According to the site, my face shares a 60% similarity to Jude Law, Carson Daley and Anatoly Karpov. Sure. So I went with one last photo to see if I could get anything that resembles consistency. ‘Twas not to be. This time, I came up with a 58% similarity to Dean Cain. I think someone needs to get their algorithm fixed.

Anyway, it’s an entertaining diversion for a few minutes, so I encourage my vast readership to check it out. Til next time…

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guy A. Lepage from Tout le monde en parle (Quebec). Get a 70's haircut and you'll see.

What's next -a web site to find out what you'd look like with knockers?

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hehehe* Copy cat... I posted this site on my blog like a week ago
:-p *lol*

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And it turned out that justacountrygrl looked like Wilhelm Wundt and Victor Hugo with her beard and Jude Law, Carson Daley, Anatoly Karpov, and Dean Cain without it.

 
At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-) jude law... mmmmh maintenant on sait pourquoi t'as pas de blonde... tu dois leur faire peur avec ta beauté fatale.

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess we'll have to wait for Al B Here to get back from his bargain cosmetic surgery junket to Cozumel, Mexico before we see a new posting. "I said I want to look like Jude Law NOT Judith Light."

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Je ressemble à 61% à Celine Dion!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Al B Here said...

Ok, so I think we now have definitive proof, since my dear friend Vanessa comes from a franco-asian background, that the website is full of crap... :-)

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jude Law and Al B Here? There's clearly a resemblance. Count the number of eyes.

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the explanation for all the celebrity sightings in South London?

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's taken a while but I can see the resemblance to Jude Law.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger J said...

Well at least you have a sense of humour about it, eh?

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been so long since you've posted something new that Jude Law now looks like Wilhelm Wundt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home