Friday, September 08, 2006

Major News!

Big news from in the world of Al B Here today! Some of my more ardent readers already know about this little coup, but it’s far from common knowledge, so I thought I would spread the news. Ol’ Al has managed to score his highest profile interview to date! And who, pray tell, is the next willing participant in my exploration of Quebecois culture? None other than the past Premier (like the Governor of the Province, for my American readers) and former leader of the Parti Québécois, Monsieur Bernard Landry!

Any exploration of Quebecois culture would be severely lacking without discussion of politics, so I decided to go to someone with firsthand experience. Aside from a séance with the spirit of René Lévesque, I can’t think of a better person to talk to than a past Premier. Now there are those among you that believe I have no business discussing politics with Monsieur Landry. Truth be told, you’re probably right, but I’m going to try it anyway. I have no doubt that he’ll be able to provide some pretty interesting insights into a movement that I’ve never really understood.

The most common reaction I’ve received has been (much like the initial reactions to the other interviews I’ve done so far), “How did you pull this off?” And given my status as an independent writer, I can see why people find this whole thing so bizarre. I've said it before, but it merits repeating: I’m interested in the topic and it never hurts to ask! Sometimes I get shot down. So be it. That’s no reason to stop trying, right? I freely acknowledge that I could never pull this off in Toronto, so I’m going to take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves here in Montreal.

As always I would like to acknowledge the support of my circle of regular readers. I’m definitely psyched about this and I hope that I come up with a solid effort for you guys. Til next time…

3 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you'll be able to get some use out of all those questions you had prepared for the ill-fated Lucie Laurier interview.

Kudos big guy.

 
At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buddy, today is the big day.. so as they say in show business. Break a Leg!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Al B Here said...

Thanks! I'm still ironing out my questions... T-minus 7 hours and 38 minutes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home